Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kaleidoscope

Aaah!! Feels like it has been ages since I typed my blog address in my 'Google Chrome' browser. Well, I have a valid excuse of being busy as after all I am doing MBA!!
hmmm...I don't find something special to write about today.. so lets rewind and pick on 7 interesting learning of my last 7 months. I would again say, Facebooking is a far better option that reading my blog, Its gonna be long and boring but after all its the learning of one of the best B-schools in India.. feel free to tag along!

1. Every person in this world who is doing an MBA owes it most to Larry page and Sergey Brin. Its only due to their amazing invention that the best of B-Plans, projects and Case solutions are done in a couple of hours. I respect my alums who managed to do MBA before the advent of Internet, u deserved it Sir!

2. You have to be busy. I know you don't have any work, and probably you are refreshing facebook every 15 minutes, but that doesn't matter. It's a shame not to be always working on your laptop if u are an MBA student. The Problem is, my Alma-mater is the coooolest place to do an MBA. Still as I said, we are busy.

3. This one is slightly personal. Its a bit weird to share the class with people who behave the way u behaved 3-4 years ago! If you are doing MBA after considerable work-ex like me, u would often say, 'I also used to be so serious about Marks', 'Oh, I also approached my first crush the same way!', ' I also used to be so sentimental about my society!'. You face the problem of 'Generation Gap' but that's the lateral learning!

4. Its as important to make a girlfriend as it was for you to crack the entrance exam of FMS. Not because I was single when I joined the college.. because people are in a hurry to get their relationship status changed! Yeah, u read it right. There is a huge volume of changes from 'Committed' to 'Single' as well as soon as people join the college... Many also go for 'Committed' to 'Multi-Committed'.

5. Charles Darwin forgot to mention in his theory of survival about the sole purpose of human existence. Its Placements. I think half of us would be happy to polish shoes in connaught place, if it earns a CV point. In MBA one faces the music twice, Summers and Finals.. Its for those two D-days that we were born. Not only does it gives you a Job, it gives you a 'Tag' for the rest of your stay in B-School.

6. You will meet many extreme people here. The most intelligent people, the most selfish people, the most helpful people,the loudest people, the quietest people, people with attitude, people with Gratitude ... Its good to experience extreme people, at times its hard to bear them!

7. I think once we pass out, most of us will realize that we were a better person before we did MBA. Better in knowledge and the most important, a better Human being. MBA gives a lot of 'Lateral Learning'. Games people play :-)

It went a bit long. A bit sarcastic. But its my blog. I gave you an option right at the Start!
Maktub!

6 comments:

  1. awesome dude...rocking...try writing a novel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes a good read, not all freshers worry about marks, approach crush(es) in a certain way or be senti about societies :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha.. BMR.. Dont make it the Fresher Vs. Experience..whatever, U guys are kids nevertheless :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!!
    Point No.3 is completely wrong, its actually reverse!! I am a LIVING example!!
    Point No.4: Oh Behna, Dekha tumne?
    Point No.5:LOL!
    Point No.6: All in the name of diversification!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written !!!
    But, why so sarcastic?
    MBA life is all about learning that diversification that Rahul pointed out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one..enjoyed it more than facebooking!lol

    ReplyDelete