Sunday, October 26, 2014

Being an MBA!!

Almost forgot that I have a blog as well. Almost forgot that I wanted to be writer someday! Mr. writer can wait. This part of my life is called - "Being an MBA". 

Sometimes I think, Why is MBA such a sought after degree in India? When you are an Engineer you apply Filters and Sums in Excel. Post MBA, you apply Pivot and Vlookup. Our employers know that we never read our Engineering or MBA books. To save us from this embarrassment, they gave us Jobs that don't require the same!

To be realistic, MBA makes your family proud. The bank balance can smile and you are considered to be a good match! And Yes, you learn Jargons!

Other day, I was standing in a billing counter queue in a mall with my friend (Non-MBA). He casually picked up a chocolate. My face started shining with wisdom. I spent 10 mins explaining him various aspects of consumer behavior and his act of impulse buying. Scandalized with the thought of my further insights, He kept the chocolate back. 

Also, you are expected to have a strategic and holistic perspective on anything and everything under the sun. Sometime back my Uncle wanted to know if it would be right for his son to join a software company? I quickly downloaded a 10 MB industry analysis and explained him that as per five forces, Software industry is all set to be doomed. Today, I saw on facebook that my cousin is in US and planning to spend his first weekend of onsite assignment in Vegas. Never mind. The Michael Porter can't be wrong.

Frankly, MBA gives you a realization that what you achieve in your professional life is not proportional to your degrees or intelligence. It depends on how good you are with people and how passionate you are in following your dreams ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment